Clicky

Cygna

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam

WHY ARE GAMES ALL GOING BACK TO VIETNAM AGAIN.

I Swear they're just doing this to 1UP BlackOps

I won't be getting this because BC2 Is getting pretty dumb.. It decided to spontaneously lose my password the other day, and I tried the "Lol lost password" option on the website, and it never sent me anything.

EA / DICE tried Vietnam already with Battlefield Vietnam.

4 CD's and 8 gigs later, it failed and was instantly sent to the clearance rack and forgotten.

Battlefield Vietnam was the best of the franchise in my opinion. It was immersive, the aircraft were a lot of fun to fly, and where else could you run some charlies over while blaring Fortunate Son? I look forward to this expansion, but I probably won't be able to play it until after Christmas with all the things I have to do around then.

Eve of Destruction was leaps and bounds superior to BF: Vietnam. BFV was a failed attempt to one up a mod for 1942. Battlefield Vietnam had some nice features. EoD was fucking insane. I have NEVER seen a game that did jungle warfare that well. Stealth was key, and camo was actually a factor. The vehicles were excellent too. While the helicopters, in my opinion at least, didn't handle as well as the ones from Desert Combat, but they were still a ton of fun to fly. If you still have 1942 and can find a download, give it a whirl. I'm sure some people out there somewhere still play it.

While I don't play Bad Company 2 (yet), this release is huge news. It means that EA/Dice now has better development tools for the Bad Company 2 engine, which means a mod SDK might be on its way sooner. That bodes well for EA, as vanilla 1942 was a decent game, but exploded when Desert Combat hit the scene. These days, games are evaluated on their own, but the mods are far more influential. Just look at Half Life.

I'm a mod fanatic. I get bored with standard versions of games. Mods are a godsend, especially to people who can't play new retail games because their system is from 2003 and can't meet the system requirements. *Cough*