Clicky

Aryte

Important: On Friendly Fire

This is your only warning. For the whole group.

It has become too relaxed with playing around and shooting eachother.

Firing on someone in the Ordo, under any circumstance, purposely, will result in an immediate demotion to E-1.

I don't care who you are, what your position is, what your rank is, or how long you've been with the Ordo. One purposeful team kill and you're done.

Thanks.

Dascede Aluveaux wrote:

Let me point out that he stated purposeful kills. Accidents don't look real nice, but if it was an honest mistake, then I don't think the Imperator will shave your ranks off down to E-1.

I've made some friendly fire mistakes myself in the heat of battle, but people are running out of excuses with the kung fu too. It's probably safe to consider it the "instant demotion button". Weapon discipline is very important.

Here's some tips for reducing accidental friendly fire outside of battle:

-Remap your grenade gesture to a shift-Fkey instead of just F2. (Might be default with the new hud.) It's really embarassing to blow everyone up, even accidently.

-Stay out of mouselook if you have a weapon drawn until you're ready to aim at a hostile. Or better yet, keep them holstered during down time.

-Do not randomly fire in Titan. It doesn't matter if you don't see anyone in front of you or if you think you're using training bullets. We have a firing range.

-The fist icon on the hud symbolizes what the Imperator is going to do to you if you play with it outside of battle. It's not a dance.

The purpose is to keep people from "fooling around" with live fire and killing people for horseplay. If there's any confusion about it the following might help clear it up, but when in doubt, do not pull the trigger.

When it's okay to shoot your teammates:

1: Sanctioned training exercises such as Armatura, academies, Schola phase IV, or group wide training. You will generally hear the OIC/officers, an armatura instructor, or the Imperator himself announce this over coms. These are official exercises.

2: Limited testing of gear, WITH clearance and announcement from the OIC. For example if someone is developing a weapon they may call for volunteers and the OIC may or may not authorize this. Likewise if you wish to test a gun or mortar, clear it with the OIC and announce it over coms... do not just randomly fire. (And if testing mortars, use smoke rounds when possible.)

When it's **NOT** okay to shoot your teammates... almost always, but here are some examples:

1: For the lulz.

2: When your teammate annoys you.

3: When your teammate is doing something against the rules. (There are better ways to handle it.)

3: If they ask you to shoot them. Don't do it unless the OIC has cleared it... random weapon discharge is prohibited.

If you get shot intentionally, do not return fire. And do not ignore it... people are hesitant to report teammates who didn't mean any harm, but at least ask them to stop and tell them it's against the rules. You will do more harm by allowing them to continue, as they will end up being demoted or ejected.

I've made some friendly fire mistakes myself in the heat of battle, but people are running out of excuses with the kung fu too. It's probably safe to consider it the "instant demotion button". Weapon discipline is very important.

Here's some tips for reducing accidental friendly fire outside of battle:

-Remap your grenade gesture to a shift-Fkey instead of just F2. (Might be default with the new hud.) It's really embarassing to blow everyone up, even accidently.

-Stay out of mouselook if you have a weapon drawn until you're ready to aim at a hostile. Or better yet, keep them holstered during down time.

-Do not randomly fire in Titan. It doesn't matter if you don't see anyone in front of you or if you think you're using training bullets. We have a firing range.

-The fist icon on the hud symbolizes what the Imperator is going to do to you if you play with it outside of battle. It's not a dance.

I agree with what your saying here, friendly fire mistakes can happen, especially if you have a melee weapon drawn and are running around mouselook. I did accidentally blow up a few people with my Grenades because the F6 function it was set for was next to the F4 and F5 which i use for slinging and drawing my weapon. It was a lil mistake and since i didnt want it to happen again i changed it to F12 to put it out of the way. Likewise, when i purchased some new weapons recently i tried it on the range, it may not be as fun as shooting some real targets, but dems the rulez, the range is meant to live fire train.

Secodnly, and i dont mean to be prude, but there have been a few inicidents were i was killed by friendly fire. This notice goes about for lag conditions. Be sure that if you get lag, dont fire if your not facing the enemy. I was shot when someone behind me was moving too quickly/slowly in the lag, and fired at me instead of a target we both were shooting for. In the end i got shot cause he shot in my movement direction, but stuff like that gets rather annoying. As the Imperator says, spread out on the wall!

Edited by Silver Meridoc

I agree with this rule but want to pose a question, Will friendly fire in activite combat (A raid) be classed as FF because i know sometimes if people are not thinking in combat they will fire at the first thing that comes around the cornor, what if it is a ordo will that be classed as on purpose friendly fire?

-Alex

I agree with this rule but want to pose a question, Will friendly fire in activite combat (A raid) be classed as FF because i know sometimes if people are not thinking in combat they will fire at the first thing that comes around the cornor, what if it is a ordo will that be classed as on purpose friendly fire?

-Alex

Not unless they did to intentionaly kill you. If it was a ccident then just ignore it and continue fighting same for defence. Accidents happen no need to go overboard and blow it out of proportion.