Clicky

Kristian

Alliance Navy Vs The Commonwealth: War

Stunning. Not much of a change there though, as they've decided to both declare war on Sparta and its allies, and yet take no part in an alliance with the Iron Symphony for little reason. Bit of a Rules of Engagement snafu with them still technically being neutral to the IS.

I guess they just want to go it alone.

Speaking of the Commonwealth, what's our diplomatic status with them? Still hostile?

Edited by Mikael Khalamov

I think we haven't established diplomatic standings with the commonwealth as a whole yet. We are in war with some if not most militaries that are a part of the commonwealth but that was already the case before they decided to unite themselves. So yeah, i guess we are in war with them due the fact that we were already in war with the independent factions, we are not officially in war with the commonwealth. Well all in all that's a detail and a matter of time. The only military in the commonwealth that likes us is the SLSN, the others hate us.

Edited by Kristian Kit

Stunning. Not much of a change there though, as they've decided to both declare war on Sparta and its allies, and yet take no part in an alliance with the Iron Symphony for little reason. Bit of a Rules of Engagement snafu with them still technically being neutral to the IS.

I read there status with IS more like "lets not push our luck" the AN still have alot of people in the IS that don't trust them, and if they are going to become allies, it's going to take time to gain the different factions trust.

In ordo alone a huge ammount of people do in no way trust the AN, because of how the past unfolded.

I can only imagine that the situation more or less the same in the other members of IS.

Aye, I don't think we'll see the AN acting in any openly hostile manner, even with that siege the Commonwealth laid on them yesterday.

Scratch that:

Bizcut Vanbrugh: Well where to start…

Bizcut Vanbrugh: We are now hostile with The Commonwealth due to the Spartan King’s lack of any real apology or admittance of being wrong.

Bizcut Vanbrugh: We are now on a neutral, friendly stance with the IS - not a member mind you, but friendly.

Bizcut Vanbrugh: We are at war with The Commonwealth.

Bizcut Vanbrugh: they attacked us today

Edited by Keller Teichmann

The AN has declared war because the IS is now neutral with them. In short, we hit the Commonwealth also, so the Commonwealth is against:

The Iron Symphony, and the AN.

AN sees this as a way to flex their muscles and show they're still a ball player, without facing the sheer overwhelming manpower of the IS.

Eh, this is the new AN, not the old one. They might have some of the Ordo-hate in their group, but it probably pales in comparison to what it once was. Even if a portion of their roster still hates Ordo, they clearly consider us the lesser evil, and I think with new command and the recent internal upheaval, this is a good opportunity to repair relations with the AN.

Keep in mind I say this as someone who's still relatively new to the military section of SL, but I personally find it increasingly pointless to 'lockout' a group because of past actions, when they clearly want to change or rebuild themselves, and furthermore when the perpetrators of those actions are increasingly sliding out of command positions.

I read there status with IS more like "lets not push our luck" the AN still have alot of people in the IS that don't trust them, and if they are going to become allies, it's going to take time to gain the different factions trust.

In ordo alone a huge amount of people do in no way trust the AN, because of how the past unfolded.

I can only imagine that the situation more or less the same in the other members of IS.

Oh no doubt, there has been a fair share of animosity one way or another, but you must admit, much of the past heartache was solely the stubborn idiocy of Jim.

To play the cynic here, I'll amke the following arguement.

If my military, having received a series of defections, the loss of one of it's primary leaders, a series of scandals, and the general disgust of the rest of the military community AND having lost it's allies...

I'd be pretty damn sure I'd try to keep my most ardent enemies off my back, and ahndle attacking the traitorous allies who dared to leave my dominion, and then bide my time and maybe gain a chance to stab my "neuteral-friendly" enemies in the back, once I attained a measure of strength again.

I doubt all outside military forces, but specifically, any not in IS. The AN is playing diplomatic footsie with the IS, possibly to avoid the crushing force IS could bring to a fight against them.

Well about them not being able to stand against the Iron Symphony. That is is true if it would be in a normal war but Jason asked me if we could schedule some major assaults on each others sims some day, just for fun. Apparently the commonwealth can't muster more than 7 at the same time and they haven't had a major military operation since operation Stalwart. However this time it would be set up between Ordo and AN exclusively and announced in advance so both the AN and the Ordo have the chance to clear their schedules for this thing. I asked Jason to IM Aryte about this.