Clicky

Kristian

Alliance Navy Vs The Commonwealth: War

Well about them not being able to stand against the Iron Symphony. That is is true if it would be in a normal war but Jason asked me if we could schedule some major assaults on each others sims some day, just for fun. Apparently the commonwealth can't muster more than 7 at the same time and they haven't had a major military operation since operation Stalwart. However this time it would be set up between Ordo and AN exclusively and announced in advance so both the AN and the Ordo have the chance to clear their schedules for this thing. I asked Jason to IM Aryte about this.

That would be nice. When I was an officer in AN, I was always pushing for combat games with allies and neutrals. Most of our HC was all for it, but the other groups never assented, accept for one time against Sparta (in which we wiped the floor with them).

I doubt all outside military forces, but specifically, any not in IS. The AN is playing diplomatic footsie with the IS, possibly to avoid the crushing force IS could bring to a fight against them.

I agree that they probably don't want to fight two fronts, and with Ordo alone being stronger than the combined commonwealth, they want to beat on a group that won't crush them. It seems strange that we were banned from AN territory and, after the shakeup, they opened themselves up to possible attacks by us by removing the bans, but that's likely a tactic to appear friendly and reasonable to the IS. (And possibly to be able to call on us for assistance under some conditions.) Without a crystal ball all we can use to predict what they're doing is their history, which is why people are so cautious... it's pretty much expected that the old AN would be in this for themselves, and would either turn on the IS or try to control it. We can hope that it's not the case and that this is the beginning of a new AN, but I doubt anyone is going to let their guard down.

I agree that they probably don't want to fight two fronts, and with Ordo alone being stronger than the combined commonwealth, they want to beat on a group that won't crush them. It seems strange that we were banned from AN territory and, after the shakeup, they opened themselves up to possible attacks by us by removing the bans, but that's likely a tactic to appear friendly and reasonable to the IS. (And possibly to be able to call on us for assistance under some conditions.) Without a crystal ball all we can use to predict what they're doing is their history, which is why people are so cautious... it's pretty much expected that the old AN would be in this for themselves, and would either turn on the IS or try to control it. We can hope that it's not the case and that this is the beginning of a new AN, but I doubt anyone is going to let their guard down.

That's not what I'd expect from Jason and Bizcut. Jim, Nanao, and Harlequin, sure. That's exactly what I'd expect them to do. But not Jason and Bizcut. They tend to play fair and with an open hand. If I had to guess, I'd say they're really honestly trying to reconcile, etc.

I feel caution is in order. A change in leadership and such, doesn't mean the people will always act the same as they did before. Leadership can make a person either more strongly linked to thier principles or turn them away from them. Either way, doubting their intents strikes me as the most secure method of treating them.

New Jessie interview here.

http://thejessiewarjournal.wordpress.com/2...ions-crumbling/

But yes we currently have 2142/sparta and slsn in the commonwealth and the latter one isn't entirely sure about his permanent status in this alliance either.I don't think the commonwealth is going to be around for long. I see another problem coming tho. With the commonwealth falling apart armies may be looking for other more solid alliances. Well.....there is one. The Iron Symphony is strong and solid so i expect that we will see an increased amount of allies soon. That's going to be a problem. We are seriously running out of enemies when that happens. Especially because Lurdan is in charge of the recruitment and has a hard time in denying people apparently.

SLSN is a fairly ordo loving member of the commonwealth but the IS attacked SLSN during operation stalwart. They took this as a war declaration ( obvious reason is obvious) from the IS and now its all a bit confusing really. Neither side ever officially declared war but we aren't friendly either.

Edited by Kristian Kit

SLSN is a fairly ordo loving member of the commonwealth but the IS attacked SLSN during operation stalwart. They took this as a war declaration ( obvious reason is obvious) from the IS and now its all a bit confusing really. Neither side ever officially declared war but we aren't friendly either.

I want to kill them all. Especially Fox.