Clicky

Sera Otoro

Poll on the ordo energy weapons

Extra Colors?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which energy based weapon option would you prefer?

• Weapon: Fully customisable glow color (including black / no glow)... Rounds: Adjudicator blue...
    • Weapon: 4 color choices only... Rounds: Matching color to weapon...

ok... some people would still prefer to have a bigger selection of colors but it comes at a cost of not having the same color bullets... so im deciding to put this poll up for it... feel free to comment... just be sure to vote... also... for those who are thinking about suggesting moddable guns... the answer is no...

Edited by Sera Otoro

Color-change scripts are laggy. I vote keep doing things the way we doin'.

Done correctly, it's actually just an additional small function on the same listen the gun is already using, then a setlinkcolor (or a few) from the main script, called only when the color actually changes... no additional scripts or mess or lag. So it can be pretty efficient, though there may be other reasons not to do it. (I have no preference myself.)

The guns were already coloured...we just have more options, now...

Yeah I know that, but now we'll have people running around with bright pink and other numerous combinations of colors.

I'm not saying it's really all that bad, but I don't think it's a smart idea either. We have enough problems with people adding random colors all over their armor, recoloring their Logos (a big no-no mind you) and making us look like Rainbow Warriors, we don't really need it getting worse with our guns becoming the same.

It's a nice thought and seems great at first, but I think it will save a lot of us a lot of headaches if we don't do this.

Yeah I know that, but now we'll have people running around with bright pink and other numerous combinations of colors.

I'm not saying it's really all that bad, but I don't think it's a smart idea either. We have enough problems with people adding random colors all over their armor, recoloring their Logos (a big no-no mind you) and making us look like Rainbow Warriors, we don't really need it getting worse with our guns becoming the same.

It's a nice thought and seems great at first, but I think it will save a lot of us a lot of headaches if we don't do this.

Or in simpler terms, we already have people running around with odd hues of glow, therefore a change in the firearms won't really change the total outlook on the current uniformity (other than matching our own armor modifications).

I voted for going with the old option. I tend to recognize people from their bullet color and when i see all colors of the rainbow zipping trough the sky it will get kinda hard. I also have my doubts about changeable colors from the uniformity that a military should have perspective .

it shows that not any of you read the posts properly... starting with Zrazor... and thank you syl for explaining it... the color change is scripted within the listener... which does nothing to the actual performance considering the listener only listens to your commands... therefore no change in lag... second... kristian... the bullets are all the same now... adjudicator blue... no one has the option of changing the actual bullet colors...

I just turned Glow off on my guns, and they look epic, sure I liked having red tracer fire but not like it makes much of a diference in the long run (atleast not as much as it would if I was using said weapons for intensive RP) it kills people, and looks even cooler now. and that annoing W+S reload anim glitch is fixed, thank you Sera ^-^

I agree with Kristian; the problem with having people having different rounds is that it will be difficult to determine who is who on the battlefield. We generally fight unorganized enemies with very little effort put into the creation of their weapons. Their bullets are bright, edgy, badly textured, badly made. You may not notice it, but you are able to determine the team designation of a hostile just by the rounds they fire.

Now consider putting a radical into the mix of extra round colors. Consider the enemy is using a bright yellow bullet (as most are apt to do). One person with a bright yellow round in one of our weapons is going to confuse our teams. I'm all for individuality in armor designs and pretty much anything else if properly cleared, but if it diminishes our raid teams' abilities to define targets, I'm against it.

Also, please don't cite the Terra HUD, not everyone has one, and even still, it's probably the most unreliable piece of equipment in laggy situations.

EDIT: I'm not against customizable gun colors; my point is that bullets should be standardized.

Edited by Keystone Gray

I agree with Kristian; the problem with having people having different rounds is that it will be difficult to determine who is who on the battlefield. We generally fight unorganized enemies with very little effort put into the creation of their weapons. Their bullets are bright, edgy, badly textured, badly made. You may not notice it, but you are able to determine the team designation of a hostile just by the rounds they fire.

Now consider putting a radical into the mix of extra round colors. Consider the enemy is using a bright yellow bullet (as most are apt to do). One person with a bright yellow round in one of our weapons is going to confuse our teams. I'm all for individuality in armor designs and pretty much anything else if properly cleared, but if it diminishes our raid teams' abilities to define targets, I'm against it.

Also, please don't cite the Terra HUD, not everyone has one, and even still, it's probably the most unreliable piece of equipment in laggy situations.

EDIT: I'm not against customizable gun colors; my point is that bullets should be standardized.

even after my second note about the fully changable colors all having blue rounds only... you just voted against your own point keystone... *facepalm*