Clicky

RazorFox

Taking applications for Tactica

Over the next five days, I will be conducting open interviews taking applications for a group I have concocted called Tactica.

What is Tactica? Well, our mission statement describes it as follows...

>>> Tactica: Its Purpose and Mission Statement.

>>> Submitted by Duplicarius/NCOIC Zrazor Rozenstrauch

<---------------------------------------------Extend to this length------------------------------------------------------->

Tactica is a limited, ten-member council of bright individuals from all different divisions and organizations within the Ordo, each one approved by the Imperator, and dedicated to the study and analysis of combat logistics. Tactica is, in essence, a think-tank focused ultimately on devising new ways to secure victory in the name of the Imperator, whenever and wherever possible. In theory, this is accomplished through the study of enemy geography, weaponry, and tactics, as well as to encourage and advise direction of offensive action through study of current political trends and standings within the military community at large.

The duties of Tactica as a whole are as follows:

-Oversee reconnaissance on enemy sims

-Analyze these sims, and develop tactics accordingly which can be utilized to perform more effective attacks against these sims.

-Devise plans of attack prior to raids or attacks and work with raid leaders to impliment these plans to ensure more effective assaults.

-Collect and analyze data concerning diplomatic and political situations within the military community.

-Advise the officer staff and the Imperator in the direction of cohesive campaigns of aggression based on these political factors.

-Assist in mission briefings and other pre-combat primers.

Given the nature of its recon, strategic, and political analysis roles, Tactica could be viewed as a centralized hub through which the Frumentarii, the Administratio, and the Terra legions can communicate and work together to establish the Ordo Imperialis as truly the premier combat force in Second Life.

<---------------------------------------------Extend to this length------------------------------------------------------->

End of document.

Some of you might remember Offensus. This is essentially Offensus 2.0, with an expanded, streamlined, and much more practical role. Membership is open to anyone of any rank or division, but is limited to ten people only. Currently, four people (myself included) are confirmed members.

Interviews will be held over the course of the next five days (starting tomorrow). This should give everyone interested plenty of time to get ahold of me. Being that these are open interviews, they are held at your convenience, so just drop me an IM and tell me you're interested in an interview. The deadline will be Midnight on Thursday the 19th, after which I will decide on members.

So if you're interested, IM me and we'll arrange an interview.

EDIT: Interviews are dumb, IM me for an application instead and then hand it back to me copy and paste the form below into a notecard and send it to me.

The form should be named "Tactica Application <YOUR NAME>"

Name:

Division:

-What about Tactica interests you?

-What do you feel you have to offer Tactica?

-Do you have any experience with strategy games, either of the turn-based, real-time, or tabletop variety?

-Are you available for two meetings a week (time to be determined)?

-Do you consider yourself a team player capable of working in an intellectually-intensive group?

-How well versed do you feel you are in the current political state of SL militaries?

-Additional notes (put whatever you want here):

Edited by Zrazor Rozenstrauch

Just to be clear, joining is not a "Frumentarii Jr.Scout Club" membership in anyway, shape, or form.

But you might get decoder rings.

Interestingly enough, that rapier set I built is part of what gave me the idea for Tactica.

When fencing with a rapier and a parrying dagger, the sword is the largest and most prolific part of it, but it's misleading. A parrying dagger isn't so much for parrying, but for slipping in on the side and stabbing your opponent in the ribs when an opening presents itself. The rapier, while a fearsome weapon on its own, relegates itself to lots of loud clanging and banging and doesn't come into close personal contact with the opponent nearly as much as the main gauche does.

That main gauche is the Frumentarii. The sword is Astra, Terra, and Navis. Tactica's job is basically to improve that sword's performance in the hands of the Imperator and to help guide its point right into the eyesockets of our enemies.