Clicky

Aryte

Chronus: Open for Business 21JULY09

Chronus is now active and will be used for combat. As such, some things have changed.

> Titan's red zones have NOT changed yet, do not go beyond the spotlights.

> Chronus itself is a RED zone. Ordo personnel should not be within it.

> Chronus is equipped with a Mercury reader, send homer, etc-- just like Titan was.

> If someone TP's to Titan who is not Ordo, they are auto-sent home and told to head to Chromus. If Ordo TP to Titan, they enter just fine-- must have your main group tag on!

> Chronus and Titan have been terraformed to be hilly and more combat friendly. They will change over time to ensure fun!

> Chronus is open to shoot at! As soon as you see enemy, let 'em have it.

> Astra may enter Chronus to engage aircraft if necessary. Preferred they stay in Titan.

Big issue that I've seen with the Titan auto kicker. Granted it is capable of crashing someone due to the immediate TP out, but another issue is that if someone runs to that corner of the sim and runs into the area, it also kicks them out. Might suggest some sort of covering bunker to prevent hostiles from re-entering the Titan sim kicker.

Easy way to fix the Titan sim-kicker is to relocate the default Titan sim telehub to somewhere in a corner and with no cover from the wall. IE, make a little "U" shaped piece of ground that covers it from Chronus, but faces the wall completely openly with no cover. No issue to an Ordo person approaching, of course, but if you're assaulting why would you go in there?

Also, you could steal New Jessie's one-way prims from their spawns. Only out, no in.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that we shouldn't be notified when people TP into Titan. The person TPing in and being sent back should be sent an automatic IM or something of the like. I just think we already have too many notifications on channel 1. Plus, we already know when they TP into Chronus.

I apologize if it's irrelevant, it is just something I thought of :(

Titan entrances are equally important in knowing who is on base at a given time. Still a necessary bit of information overall in regards to Mercury keeping count.

On booting back to Chronus, it just needs a Landing Point somewhere else entirely that is blocked off on all sides. All Ordo personnel will have a homepoint on Titan, so there is no possibility of anyone accidentally being sent back to Chronus.

Titan entrances are equally important in knowing who is on base at a given time. Still a necessary bit of information overall in regards to Mercury keeping count.

On booting back to Chronus, it just needs a Landing Point somewhere else entirely that is blocked off on all sides. All Ordo personnel will have a homepoint on Titan, so there is no possibility of anyone accidentally being sent back to Chronus.

After raids and bouts at New Jessie, my homepoint isnt in Titan

>.>

i did notice the titan kicking out attackers when they cross into that corner of the sim...

in other words, so far defending has been pretty great, myself and kytec are enjoying the longer range, and geodan's combat effectiveness has dropped considerably... i guess he lacks skill in long range...

another thing i must bring up in regards to defense, so far people have been mentioning to stop shooting at nothing over vent, or at least wonder why people are shooting... some people have a longer view distance than others, not to mention bullets will take longer to reach a target in chronus when firing from titan, so it may be a good idea to shoot early at times when hostiles are behind cover, chances are they will walk up right into the spray...