Clicky

Aryte

* EDIT: NOTICE: Badnarik/Salamis

The use of Fairlight weapons are PROHIBITED in Badnarik and Salamis.

Apparently efficient and well built weapons are not cool, but letting the 39th and GR attack with 12 rez slaves is!

EDIT: DISREGARD.

[20:16] Anthony Lehane: If anyone asks FL guns are NOT banned

[20:16] Aryte Vesperia: They aren't?

[20:17] Anthony Lehane: for now - a lot of my officers have legitimate issues with FL guns that we need to talk about

[20:17] Anthony Lehane: that'll be saved for the next Komm meeting

[20:17] Aryte Vesperia: Well, really. Drop issues onto me and I can take them to Julia.

from reading the two topics I think mercz and MC might either not like fairlight weapons for some reason or not liking the idea of Juilia Helping use out with not only with the sim rebuild, but giving us a long range defense system for the wall.

Either way it is weird of them showing hostility to fairlight guns even though there just guns that only have the standred damage bullet with only a few tiny features

Its more a bad call because there really aren't any other outside makers of firearms that are allowable (or 'usable' for that matter) in regular SL combat. What do they expect to be used? Operations? Breach/C-tech? Black Ops? Either way, an unfounded hatred towards such weaponry, with probably no knowledge of how guns typically operate here.

When I was in the Mercz I remember certain members complaining about how Ordo was disorganized and unprofessional to be using Fairlight weaponry. That said, my next best guess would be the killing of competition for Operations. There were also false concerns about lag with any weaponry other than Operations, even when shown weapon performance test logs, which included script time and IPS taken in a blank Class 5 sim. The claim that everyone's own guns don't lag as much as the rest is a bold one, and everyone makes this claim often. Some give that assumption leeway and others do not. The Merczateers have chosen not to.

That said, it's their sim and therefore those are their rules. We can't do anything about it.

Keystone Gray wrote:

When I was in the Mercz I remember certain members complaining about how Ordo was disorganized and unprofessional to be using Fairlight weaponry. That said, my next best guess would be the killing of competition for Operations. There were also false concerns about lag with any weaponry other than Operations, even when shown weapon performance test logs, which included script time and IPS taken in a blank Class 5 sim. The claim that everyone's own guns don't lag as much as the rest is a bold one, and everyone makes this claim often. Some give that assumption leeway and others do not. The Merczateers have chosen not to.

That said, it's their sim and therefore those are their rules. We can't do anything about it.

Wrong, we can talk some sense into them...

The main issues they have with FL weapons are small things like short reloads and the 2 prim bullets. They blame their -void- sims lag on the HD bullets. They complain about the fire rate of soem FL weapons and some complain about the unlimited ammo option.

They aren't worried about competition as Mercz have never been allowed to use any weapon other than Operations weapons and their standard issued gear. We don't allow the use of Operations weapons due to Anthony and Lurdan not holding out on a deal they made to allow Mercz to use Titan ind. weapons if we allow the use of their guns by our members.

Most of their complaints are based on pure ignorance of FL weapons.

Disregard-- Anthony hath spoken.

20:16] Anthony Lehane: If anyone asks FL guns are NOT banned

[20:16] Aryte Vesperia: They aren't?

[20:17] Anthony Lehane: for now - a lot of my officers have legitimate issues with FL guns that we need to talk about

[20:17] Anthony Lehane: that'll be saved for the next Komm meeting

[20:17] Aryte Vesperia: Well, really. Drop issues onto me and I can take them to Julia.

Arch Graves wrote:

I think a lot more people would use Sera's guns if we were not stuck with the blue.....

... you know what...? sod it... im going to offer a selection of the following... green blue red and orange... no other colors... so dont bother asking or complaining about it... be glad i have decided to do this...

Sera Otoro wrote:
Arch Graves wrote:

I think a lot more people would use Sera's guns if we were not stuck with the blue.....

... you know what...? sod it... im going to offer a selection of the following... green blue red and orange... no other colors... so dont bother asking or complaining about it... be glad i have decided to do this...

Thankies Sera. We appreciate that you're willing to do this for us :3