Clicky

Silver Meridoc

Ordo Documenta

As noted in the last meeting, id be starting a monthly manuscript for the Ordo Imperialis, its called Ordo Documenta. I am currently looking for co-writers and editors to get on with me to work on this newspaper. It will be sent out once a month so there wont be a lot of constraint on time to work on this.

The Documenta is split into 3 sections

1: articles and events - the "news paper" section were people can put info on upcoming things for the ordo, info about raids and past raid success/failures, any anything important to get out

2: Fiction Section - As the name suggests, any stories, poems, etc you want to share, you can make monthly excerpts that will be continued in upcoming issues or make a single short story for one

3: Art and Desgin - Want to share a work of art or get opinons on a new kind of gun? post those here (Limited space always)

There could be a 4th section desgined as a classified, were squads who have openings can post info for new recruits and the like, or it could be a summary of the month, this will be still under consideration for the moment

I need good and dedicated people to help with this. There wont be an issue this nor next month as id like to wait to make sure i can get some assistance. All you'll ever need to spare is one day to either write or edit something and help organize the paper before its submitted.

Im still trying to figure out how to submit the paper, be it as a website, a note card, or just post it here once a month, i still need to figure the options. Either way, its best for people to get to me ASAP so i can see if you want to join.

Either IM me here, or on SL if your interested, anyone can try this

Thanks

Edited by Silver Meridoc

1: articles and events - the "news paper" section were people can put info on upcoming things for the ordo, info about raids and past raid success/failures, any anything important to get out

May want to keep it out of the highly official realm, otherwise it'll need to be reviewed, edited, and picked over.

IT can be like "Aelus and Intus: The Rivalry of Brothers"

Today, we are brought more news on the rivalry of Intus and Aelus, who's continuing feud was brought to he forefront today, when they switched posts in the Ordo due to ability to fight and the like.

The editors of this esteemed paper must note something of this magnitude has not occurred since Aelus beat Intus in an arm wrestling match for the position of Praetorian. No, not since the shock celebrity case involving Fen and the missing drink...etcetcetc.

Or.

"In an unfortunate incident today, Agares TRetiak was destroyed in a weapons test. While working on the testing phases of a new, and horrifying weapon of unparralled power, Agares Tretiak accidentally removed himself and the weapon from existance. Luckily, a new clone was reconstituted within minutes of the accident and..."

In terms of name, The Ordo Documenta was only temporary until i could think of something better, but Imperial Courier works just as well

In terms of the events though, Agares has the right idea, its not meant to delude any top secret info, its more like a reporter getting some basic goods on an incident, like how a rivalry is going, a raid that may be planned, and even some info on what may be going around the ordo, stuff people should and may need to know, so something like Agares said

IT can be like "Aelus and Intus: The Rivalry of Brothers"

Today, we are brought more news on the rivalry of Intus and Aelus, who's continuing feud was brought to he forefront today, when they switched posts in the Ordo due to ability to fight and the like.

The editors of this esteemed paper must note something of this magnitude has not occurred since Aelus beat Intus in an arm wrestling match for the position of Praetorian. No, not since the shock celebrity case involving Fen and the missing drink...etcetcetc.

Or.

"In an unfortunate incident today, Agares TRetiak was destroyed in a weapons test. While working on the testing phases of a new, and horrifying weapon of unparralled power, Agares Tretiak accidentally removed himself and the weapon from existance. Luckily, a new clone was reconstituted within minutes of the accident and..."

This idea is how it is, no classified data, no plans of raids, just a reporter method on telling about events in the ordo

I think Silver's aim is to pick the most posted topics of the forums and put them into a Monthly Digest.

What of security and the such, this kind of thing could easily find its way into the hands of New Jessie people. Where would it be posted? Would it be notecards in world.

Edited by Sekonda Huet

Considering the empty Frumentarii dossier passed out by a certain ejected someone not long ago, I don't think notecards would work very well. Maybe a new section on the forums with capabilities to add images, etc, that can be secured if needed.

It's bad enough that that empty notecard was passed around and puts a bad image on us, but if stuff leaks out, like combat reports, with our morale-boosting bashes of the enemies, we're bound to see trouble.

Considering the empty Frumentarii dossier passed out by a certain ejected someone not long ago, I don't think notecards would work very well. Maybe a new section on the forums with capabilities to add images, etc, that can be secured if needed.

It's bad enough that that empty notecard was passed around and puts a bad image on us, but if stuff leaks out, like combat reports, with our morale-boosting bashes of the enemies, we're bound to see trouble.

Things can leak from the forum, too. There's no realistic way to prevent leaks. We'd just need to live with it and not worry ourselves into a self-imposed quarantine.

Things can leak from the forum, too. There's no realistic way to prevent leaks. We'd just need to live with it and not worry ourselves into a self-imposed quarantine.

You're right, but not inducing some form of censorship might be a poor decision. This is handing it to someone on a plate.

Edited by Sekonda Huet

I think the format of the "paper" should follow a sort of semi-tabloid. Make it entertaining. HAve a few editorials and the like. Make jokes about how the Frumentarii are breathing down th eneck of reporters for security purposes, etc. As long as it's mostly not serious stuff and sort of a entertainment based idea, we have little to worry about in terms of security leaks.

I thank everyone for their comments. As noted before im still deciding just HOW to get this thing out, Notecards are the biggest risk since people can give them away to the wrong someones as well as be stolen (i think)

A topic on the forum is just stupid since everything people need to know is already here and there are countless places that you can post what you want. The final idea i had was to make it a PDF or Word Doc and send it to an e-mail list. That way people only on the list can get it and the means of leaking is far less (as long as everyone gives the right e-mail and no one shares it)

The final decision on the name and items are as follows

The Imperial Courier

Section 1: News and Events

- Got something important to say? New idea or event in the works? wanna talk about a personal rivlery or maybe just about an opposing faction? Anything people need and should know (or want to) can be here, but keep things simple and secrure - This can include joke stories, editorials or anything you wanna speal about, the peoples voice is yours to command, and the ears of many shall listen

Section 2: Fiction and Fantasy

- Stories and Poems, write em here

Section 3: Comics and Art

- We all know this is the MOST important section of the paper, got a comic to submit? a picture you wanna show everyone? put it here

Section 4: Classifies

- Squad short a man? need more people in Navis? post openings for any and every position here, as well as projects you may want to work on during free time

Head Writer/Director - SIlver Meridoc

Co Writer Second - Agares Tretiak

Co Writer Third -

Editor - (2 people at max)

Designer and Setup -

For those who submit, their names get a special list on the first page under "Submitters"

This will be sent out once a month starting in March at the earliest (April even if needed)

Edited by Silver Meridoc

I can write about anything.

Sounds good, would you like to take a spot as Co-writer?

I'll probably take a lot of part Section 2 and 3, since I write here and there, but I draw alot and many I can spew up a small three panel comic.

Awesome, if you can keep a series comic relating to the ordo in some way going that would fit might fine, can you show me a sample of what you can do?

Sure, I can do so.

Congrats, you are now Co-Writer second Hand for the Imperilai Courier, ill e-mail you updates about the paper and possible times we should meet to talk about articles and whatnot

Usually, you can find my stuff here; Furaffinity

Though I keep mostly all my works (Probably my best) on Photobucket which I can't access at the moment, due to restrictions at school.

Sounds good, i took a gander at your stuff and im very pleased; you got some good styles here and a nice crisp look. You can start as soon as we organize everything and if you want i can add you to the team as "Artist Headmaster" it will be you who decides which comics and picks go were on the page if you want to take this responsibility

So far. here is the roster

Head Writer/Director - SIlver Meridoc

Co Writer Third -

Artists Head -

Designer and Setup -

Sounds good, i took a gander at your stuff and im very pleased; you got some good styles here and a nice crisp look. You can start as soon as we organize everything and if you want i can add you to the team as "Artist Headmaster" it will be you who decides which comics and picks go were on the page if you want to take this responsibility

Sure, why not. Although, you may have to give me at least 2 weeks prior to start on the three panel comic, since I get requests like here and there, in which I try to do all as fast as possible. Also, this will be interesting since it'll give me practice on drawing the armor and such. I'll be sure to keep it at a PG-13 level as in no nudity. :p (Maybe some hotpants around there. >> Nah, kidding about that.)

Also, if there is a colorist in these forums to go ahead and take the time to color the comics I do, it would make this even better since I can only do pencils due to problems on coloring. If any of you on here can color, be sure to tell me!

Edited by Euro Zapatero

Sure, why not. Although, you may have to give me at least 2 weeks prior to start on the three panel comic, since I get requests like here and there, in which I try to do all as fast as possible. Also, this will be interesting since it'll give me practice on drawing the armor and such. I'll be sure to keep it at a PG-13 level as in no nudity. :p (Maybe some hotpants around there. >> Nah, kidding about that.)

Also, if there is a colorist in these forums to go ahead and take the time to color the comics I do, it would make this even better since I can only do pencils due to problems on coloring. If any of you on here can color, be sure to tell me!

Thats good, ill give you 3 weeks notice ahead of time when the paper will be started, so thats plenty, also no need for coloring, lets try to keep this simple. If the first few are a good hit, then we can add a bit more, but im trying to keep it easy to work on and setup

Also congrats, your now Artists Headmaster, if you want to bring anyone else for Comics, you will be the man in charge of that. basically you deal with all the pictures and comics and send me what you like/want and stuff, and then we can sit down and organize how they will be set up on the paper.

Also, try to keep it PG-13 at most. No nudity, but you can do action and fight poses and stuff

I can draw silly faces, as well. :D

Haha we can have doodles around the paper in sections you think are good. The Fiction and creative areas can be chalked full of doodles and stuff, so any lil stuff u draw can be put there, just keep it clean

Updated Roster

So far. here is the roster

Head Writer/Director - Silver Meridoc

Co Writer Third -

Artists Head - Euro Zapatero

Designer and Setup -

GOOD NEWS!

The Imperial Courier will have its first issue done in April. According to how the standings go for school, i have exams in the end of May/June, so that means April is relatively light for me.

WHAT THIS MEANS:

Okay, to start off, give a lot of slack to this paper, its my first run and the idea to how i should give it out still escapes me, im looking for ideas/comments on possible solutions, here are a few ideas we thought of as well as their possible "downsides"

- Notecards - A simple form of paper work, though only meant for text, this can be given out to Ordo as a group. The downside is there is no art available for this method

- Forum post - Accessible only to Ordo personnel, another good idea were both text and picture can be presented. Downside is that everything needed to be known is already here, so posting the paper and art here wouldn't get far

- E-mail - Mass E-mail to all Ordo memebers, secure. Downside is people will need to give their e-mail address or join a group

For me, i wouldn't mind sending out a mass e-mail, its the only viable option, its up to everyone to give their e-mail address to me, either via IM here or In world SL

Secondly, we need to still hammer down the outline of the paper, i got a good amount of comments to keep with and some good suggestions to abide by, so here is how the paper will look for its first draft

Section 1:

News and Events

- Fictional news articles about the ordo

- Events that may be occuring in the future

BE ADVISE:

Try to REFRAIN from releasing secret data on the Titan Industries and Ordo, there can be factual events as long as you clear it with an officer. For example, a battle report about a certain raid or defense that was rather interesting to note about. or something regarding Ordo or Titan Ind in a bigger scale; for instance, growth in enrollment to Ordo and Titan Industries or a little speak about something that annoys you in the ordo, lets say, the lack of a off-duty room. basically anything that would be put in General discussion/Suggestion box can be put here as long as its kept clean and clear

Section 2:

Fiction and Fantasy

- Short story section, includes poems, short stories, jokes, sonnets, etc

Note: Mature content to be kept PG-13 at most

Section 3:

Comics and Cartoons

- What the title says, try to relate them to Ordo

Section 4:

Classified

- Group rosters needing man power

- Openings in certain Ordo/Titan positions

- Plans for projects that may need some assistance

Each section will be at most 2-4 pages in Length, ill see if i cant make it a PDF file but i could use some assistance from anyone who may have more skill then I.

Hope people can get some ideas forming, the deadline will be hammered out soon

REMEMBER: art deadline is usually after the Article deadline, often extended an extra week.

So if the articles are due by May 10th, all Art/comics are due May 17th

Thanks for the support, here is the roster of positions for the article, remember, the more people on board, the better and easier it is to make the paper

Head Writer/Director - Silver Meridoc

Co Writer Third -

Artists Head - Euro Zapatero

Designer and Setup -