Clicky

Krow Ames

100 Things I Learned...

Two years ago, I did a 100 things I learned about SL combat thread. It was pretty funny. I think we can do another one since combat has changed so much between then and now! I'll start! You guys post in with the following numbers and what you've learned! Be funny or serious, it doesn't matter! Let's get to 100!

1. I learned that even though people have objectives now, it's still an epic win to penetrate an enemy base and dance on the leader's bed, completely ignoring their objective system. TEE~

2. I learned that Ordo still cheats. What? Erebus told me that.

3. Drama always gets in the way of common sense

4. Common sense is usually hard to find.

5. The minimum age for the SL grid is 18 yet it is hard to find an adult that does not behave like a 10 year old.

6. Normal person plus anonymity plus audience equals total fucktard.

Theory.jpg

7. No matter how well your intentions are, there is always someone who complains about it.

8. When Keno goes 'I wonder what this is' it is usually a good time to disable all scripts and physics on the estate.

9. When Keno makes a door .. stay away from it.

10. Making something automated that can kill people when abused, leads to a high amount of 'friendly fire' and a flood of nonconstructive comments.

11. When people abuse something that deals with said abuse in a harsh way, it is always the fault of the object being abused and never the abuser.

12. Huge signs, multiple notices and vocal warnings about not doing something will lead to a high amount of people doing exactly that who then complain about not having known it was a bad thing.

13. Grid == fail.

14. Adults on SL have a hard time dealing with virtual nudity.

15. Virtual nudity is a bigger issue to complain about then major grieving and sim failure.

16. When asking 'what is going on' during a crisis will lead to a lot of people complaining about how bad it is but nobody will tell you what the actual problem is.

17. When people ask you to remove someone, it is usually very hard to figure out why.

22a. A large majority of weapons companies and military groups claim to have "the lowest lag weapons ever". God forbid you should actually test them and prove them wrong, as you get nothing but insults.

22b. Even noting how the sim goes to hell when they arrive wont prove it to them. It simply means you lag all the time and that you are just looking for a scape-goat

23a. "Low Lag" in a projectile's name instantly means that the creator knows 100% about everything forever.

23b. In the case of 23a, IM'ing creator and suggesting their normal bullets are high enough lag to require a low lag bullet results in hilarity.

24. Super High Rate Of Fire = GREATEST GUN EVAH! (Well, according to people like FRAG and others). Clearly this is the only way to win, by puking out unjustified and un-needed amounts of bullets to compensate for your inability to aim or use tactics.

25. Tsume is the Token Ordo Jew. Even if other Jews join Ordo, he was first, and there for gets the title. \o/

26. Invoking the rants of Tsume can be an insightful learning experience... Though is almost always guaranteed to be at least 15 minutes of talking.

27a. Aryte keeps Tsume locked away in the Build Zone coding weapons for his army of doom.

27b. Tsume does not get fed if he does not produce weapons on a regular basis.

28. Tsume probably knows more about the guns the enemy is using than the enemy does. It's kinda sad.

29. Anly is a jerk. From Canada.

30. MAGAZINE IS DIFFERENT FROM A CLIP

poster33090609rc9.jpg

Magazine%2B-%2Bvs%2B-%2BClip.jpg

thereisadifference2.jpg

Edited by Tsume Xiao

31. Frumantarii frumantarii frumantarii

32. Never leave Ordo.

33. Trap... look to your left... now look to your right... Now look in every other direction. 99% of the people you see are traps.

34. Take a long time to get back in. (stop filling out reports on each other >:C)

35. Saying clip instead of mag while tsume is in vent = fun

43. Corsi Likes throwing peanuts at people to see what they do.

44. Only one person so far has not just let it bounce off their head.

45. Cheese is AWESOME.

46. Lonewolfers that kill one guy once out of 18734903489843 runs at the Ordo think they are doing AWESOME and will IM you about how they 'owned' you even though you shot them several thousand times.

46a. Lonewolfers that do very well and kill people on defense either say nothing or tell you it was a good battle.

47. Every military claims victory even if you complete their objectives every time.

48. TAC is dying.

49. We are going to need more room on this thread and Corsi thinks that we should go on past 100 because this shit can get EPIC yo.

55. When Aryte logs in, the best thing to do is message him as quickly as possible with any concerns you might have thought of during the day so as to ensure that he addresses those concerns first.

56. Legitimate concerns to bring to Aryte's attention the moment he logs in include (but are not limited to):

-The popcorn machine is broken

-I can't find my shoes

-Arokh ate my cadets

-im dso drufnk lokl

-The lightbulb in the armory burned out and I'm a tiny furry and cannot reach it

-The Brazilians are shoplifting from the TI vendor in the hub

65: Always remember to reload ALL of your weapons before combat. Yes, including both shoulder rockets, upper arm chainguns, wristcannons, finger-whips, and every tiny dart rifle upon all of your toes.

66: Tsume is the Encyclopedia Brittanica of firearms knowledge and history. He's also probably a MUCH better jew than i am.

67: Common Sense will nearly always let you succeed. Hence why our defenses are always full of win. The enemy lacks as much common sense as our sim does. :D

77: 73 took revenge on 74 and called for Astra's help resulting in a NFO!

78: Astra then nuked 73 and 77 for being heretics.

79: There's a difference between being brave and stupid. Often, the enemy tips to the latter. No. Running towards a Negev is NOT brave!

80: It is total stupidity to run headlong towards a big dragon with a lamp as weapon.

81: You come by ground, and You're done for. You come by air and You'll be gunned down. You cant dig underground. Doesn't that say a bit about Titan?

82: Hide indoor when Tsume is out playing with his toys.

83: Especially if the Imperator is along.

Edited by Fox Cheri