Clicky

Kithsuneca Eilde

The Ordo Imperialis Idea's, Concerns, Suggestions, Etc.

From Today's Meeting (Before the Normal Weekly Meeting):

Introduction:

Hello and good Afternoon Ordo. This is my first Participation in the Weekly meetings, and I can see a lot of new faces here today so I'll go ahead and introduce myself to those who don't know me. My name is Kithsuneca Eilde. I am a Rank E-5 (Vexillarius) within the Antesignani (A-2) Division, Terra Alpha Squad. I first joined the Ordo on September 9th, 2010. I am a Curia Consiliator, Tactica Squad member, Schola and Armatura Magister.

The reason why I'm wanting to speak up today, is because I'd like to have a moment of time with the Ordo as a Whole, give and get some insight from everyone, and maybe help improve the Ordo as a whole. If you've been here for the past week, you may have been approached by me asking you questions of what you'd like to see within the Ordo, or what you think could be improved. A few of you have given some nice ideas. And some of you I never got to, so today is the day You get to put your insight into the Meeting.

Please leave Ideas, Comments, Concerns afterwards so that we may let everyone have time to have the spotlight.

The Following information and those who were involved with giving ideas will be anonymous to this meeting. That way, things that are suggested won't have people pointing fingers at one another. We want this to be a friendly discussion amongst everyone.

Suggestions:

Weapons and Vehicles

The first Topic of course, which seemed to be everyone's favorite Idea to choose, was Technical, Weapon, Armor, Vehicles and Other Cosmetic Suggestions/Concerns.

Our first and top most Suggested item has been quite sought after for a while now by a few handful of members. The Suggestion and Use of Mechs. Now a lot of people may not know what a mech is, or be apposed to it. But there was quite a few ideas to put into here by members.

Mechs: First and Foremost about the Mechs. Suggestions of non spam type Mechs to be used. As a lot of Militaries have mechs that spam and cause a lot of problems for other Military groups. Our suggestion, and idea. Was to bring in the idea of Mechs that have Light, Medium, or Heavy based armor systems, and weapons. Not just for cosmetics but also for those hard to defend and attack times.

The type of weapons suggested for Mechs were as follows:

*Machine Gun Mechs (Light Armor Based Mechs)

*Sniper Mechs (Light Armor Based Mechs)

*Rocket Mechs (Heavy Armor Based Mechs)

*Shotgun Mechs (Medium Armor Based Mechs)

*Brawler Mechs (Light - Heavy Armor Based Mechs)

There was also suggestions of what type of "Tech" mechs could have. Such as the ideas of Corrosive, Shrapnel, Explosive, Stun, EMP, Shock, Etc., style Mechs that can cause more damage to the enemy. These being a few small ideas of what the Mechs could use or be like.

The Next ideas brought up were the ideas of Better Weapons. Quite a few people have Suggested:

Sniper Rifles, that are Bolt Action, rather then Semi Auto. Not only will this help with Aim, but it would reduce the chance of friendly fire as Gun spam would be reduced. This idea could be implemented with newer guns as well. The idea of Bolt action will teach Members to be patient with their shots as well as learn to control their shots.

There has even been mention by some members that the idea of "Sniper Rifle Training" would do quite a few people some good, to learn to be patient, steady their aim, and not spray bullets everywhere hoping to hit something. This would help reduce the chances of friendly fire, and could be a Good training Course to run through. Not only with live Fire, but live Training as well could be involved, as well as possible Marksmanship Type Awards/Rewards.

To add to the Sniper Rifle Idea, the idea of making the gun more "Dead Accurate" has been discussed amongst members, reducing the chance it misses, and making it more likely to hit it's target. Such as with the Bolt Action Idea. The Longer you hold the Trigger button down, the larger the Shot, like "Charge Shot" style of weapons. Increasing the range and area of effect it has. Could be a new idea for a Heavy Weapon or Other depending on it's Variety. As well as the idea of bringing "Tech" into the weapons. (Corrosive, Explosive, Shrapnel, etc.) Style bullets.

The Next topic of Discussion was the use of New Vehicles, as well as the introduction of bringing Astra into play more often.

The first idea that was brought up was the idea of Light Armor vehicles instead of heavy. Such as: Transport Jeeps, Quads, or even bikes.

Light Jeep: Would be to transport at least 4 troops into battle While having support of light armor to protect them momentarily as they get into the battle. And the idea of the Jeep to have a Light Mounted Machine Gun on the back for protection.

Quads: Teamwork Based Vehicles. The idea of one member having to drive both themselves and another member to a hotspot or into the battle. The idea being, the driver can only drive, and the Gunner, is the other person, using a weapon of their choice for protection. The Quads Have a very Light Armor based system or no based system at all.

Seige Tanks: Yes, that's right. Seige Tanks from Starcraft I & II Have been suggested. Long Range Fire Support and Armored Support Tanks that have the ability to assist our Members from long distances, instead of being up close and front with normal tanks like the IRA, or can be set out into the field as Armored Support Vehicles. "The siege tank is a terran vehicle that can be configured to fulfill both the armored support and the long-range artillery support roles." This tank would come in handy for multiple uses, as a Heavy and Long Range Fire Support Vehicle.

A Better Flak Cannon: This idea was brought up after the recent Turret System for the Engineer pack. The idea was to make the Flak Cannon much more capable of taking down High Velocity Targets, as well as the ability to Completely avoid our Astra Pilots in the air, Meaning, the Flak won't hurt anyone except the enemies in the sky while Astra is free to fly around without being in danger of Flak Cannons taking them out.

Let's move onto other things, as I don't want to stay on the topic of Weapons, Armor and Vehicles the whole time. But here are some other ideas that were given out:

Ordo Issued:

*155MM SPH (Self Propelled Howitzer)

*Bane-blades

*Power Armor

*Chainswords

*Kar98K

*M1 Garand

*Futuristic Style weapons Armor, and Vehicles

*Newer Laser (Las) Weapons

Astra Involvement:

Let's move onto the Astra Involvement before we head into Concerns. As we all know, Astra doesn't get a lot of props from Terra. However, Astra in it's own, have a very difficult task for themselves, much more Difficult then Terra Troops have to do. Not only do they have to fly around at high speeds to take out enemy aircraft, but they go through many trainings to deal with Different Environment Settings. Not only that, but if you can't stand Motion Sickness, Astra has to keep up with that as well.

The idea that was given. Is that a few Astra members I had spoken with wanted to be more involved with helping Terra and Astra Land troops. The idea of using the Drop Ship more often. The Drop Ship, being able to seat up to 12 Troops, was suggested to be used to help move teams around the sim and get them to locations quicker. Dropping a few people off at each of the Targeted Locations would help quicken the Defense line, as well as get our troops accustomed to what Astra has to deal with. Not only the barrage of bullets everywhere, but obstacles as well. The idea being that If Astra were to use the Drop Ship more often, it would help introduce and get Astra more involved.

Concerns:

I'd like to move onto the Concerns about the Alpha Squads and other Concerns from other Squads.

Alpha Concerns:

I had been gathering some ideas from other Members, and not just those who are in the Alpha Squads, but a few who are outside of the Squads. The Concern being; That the Alpha Squads seem to be too "Social Club" like, instead of friendly to everyone. It was suggested that we should make the Alpha Squads more Public-Friendly and allow other people to be able to see what Alpha Squads are like. For example, taking B-Cohors Members out on an Alpha Squad's Raid. Or the idea of giving a member interested in Alpha Squads the ability to experience each Squad and find out which one they like being in more. Such as the ability for the B-Cohors to have the ability to hang out with each of the squads, and have no biased Decisions on other squads, but have positive thoughts of each one, and choose the Squad they'd like to be a part of more.

Tactica Concerns:

The Next large topic of Concerns was Tactica. A few members have suggested that Tactica isn't getting a lot of recognition as it should be getting. There has been a lot of people noticing, and reporting that Tactica Reports, Forums and Information given to public viewing is not getting any recognition, or very little at all. The ideas given to help it out, was the idea of "Marketing" it. Meaning, give it more exposer and giving Tactica an open book for people to see, hear and know about Tactica more often. The other Idea being that Tactica should make itself OIC/Raid Participant Friendly for everyone, not only to join, but to be involved with a Tactica Raid.

Astra Concerns:

Another big concern was for Astra. There was a concern about Astra not having a huge part in the System. We barely get to see Astra troops being able to participate and there's quite a few people who agree that Astra needs to be more involved with what they do best. One of the ways offered that could help would be to increase the variety of the aircraft by making the systems more modular, and have the modularity affect the aircraft itself, as well as increase the amount of Air Combat available to the Astra squad. The idea was to have Astra be able to be more involved during combat. Even if there's no combat going on, to involve at least the Dropships for both Terra and Astra land troops, and allow Astra to get troops around quickly and efficiently.

Objective Concerns:

Another concern was directed about the Objectives. The Objectives seem to have too much of a "Winning Condition". The idea was to give the objects more of a "Benefit" to teams who control it. Such as Defensive Benefits, or something that helps that team with defense/offense. That way it works towards the Teams instead of against them. This also was suggested for Astra too, to have Air Objectives as well that would give the same benefits.

Ordo Concerns:

The Next Concern was towards the Ordo in general. There's been a few people who suggested that there's a time to play around and have fun, and a time to be Professional and Focused. It's fine to have friends and have fun, but during Defense is when the Professionalism and Focus needs to be at full alert. The concern that tons of people go afk or just sit around and goof off during Defense needs to be fixed and changed. It was suggested that if you go AFK, don't go AFK on sim, as it gives enemies a reason to send more troops and outnumber us in Defense. Which Defense is going to be important as with the new sim build, team work, layers of defense, and active OIC/NCOIC will be needed more then before. As well as the need for more Unity between Units too.

Inactivity Warning System:

Which brings up the Idea that was given for a "Inactivity Warning System". A lot of members are concerned, and not happy with the fact that a lot of people go afk/away during, while, or Before an Attack/Defense situation is going on, for too long. A few people have mentioned the use of an "AutoKick" system or "Alert System" to give information to the Current OIC/NCOIC, or Mercury of who is not actively defending or has gone inactive during a Defense. That way, this will make those individuals understand the importance of Defense, or let Defenders know how much Defense strength they are dealing with and the necessary actions to do if defense is actually low. This system, even though it might take a while to implement, would be good to use during huge Raids while on Defense, as it would give a heads up to Defense OIC/NCOIC at the time. The system could work like the NCOIC/OIC Time out. If you're not moving or inactive, it could generate a Time, and how long the person has been afk. The idea to also have a Window near the spawn available to Raiders or Attackers, showing them how many people are actually there, or afk, and how many people they are actually allowed to have until people wake up, that way we aren't outweighed in Defense.

Defense Line Seems Weak!:

There was a concern that the Defense line is quite weak at the moment, as the attacking force seems to have the upper hand in combat. A few members had concerns about this and wanted to address this. The fact that there's a lot of nooks and crannies for an attacking force to run through and get through, it causes the Defense to get scrambled and disorientated. As well as the inactivity of many people at times, seems to cause the defense to get crushed under the weight of attackers. However this is being currently fixed by working as a Team. Defense can't be weak if they work together and not scramble apart during Defense, as well as the sim is still under construction, so there will be small holes people can get through.

Sim Build Ideas:

The next ideas I'd like to go over from talking to people, are for Sim build ideas, Design, etc.

Checkpoints:

The Idea first idea that was given. Was the use of Checkpoints, Cordon's, etc. (Cordon: a line of troops or of military posts enclosing an area to prevent passage) The idea of using checkpoints, Military Cordon's etc where if the first line of defense is wiped, those that are still up can fall back to a Checkpoint or area where more support is able to come in and help with the defensive line.

New Entrances/Exits:

New Entrances and Exits: The idea of using sewer systems, and pipes to be able to walk through and get around the sim or other areas was suggested. The idea of being able to go through different areas and work around Attackers, or give Attackers different ways to attack and push through, making it more interesting for both sides.

Sniper Perches:

Sniper Perches: There's quite a few members who enjoy Sniping more then running in with an AA-12 blazing like crazy. There needs to be a few perches for Snipers to be able to sit up in and hit enemies from safe spots, still have light cover, but not completely concealed from being hit.

Cover:

Cover: A lot of people have expressed concerns of not being able to duck behind something when running around in the open, they expressed the idea of using small things along the roads or other places where cover will be possible to avoid being shot.

Color:

Shrubbery/Trees/Plant's/furniture/etc: A few people have mentioned that they would like to see more life in the sim and more plants scattered around giving the sim a feel of Liveliness and "Color" to the sim instead of all Cold Steel everywhere. The idea of also giving buildings furniture, as well as road signs and maybe street lights, etc for the sims design. We know the sim is still under construction of course, but these are quite a lot of ideas that have popped up.

These were all the ideas that were given during the week. This was fun for myself and I enjoyed doing it, being able to get everyone's ideas and being able to get everyone's concerns to be addressed. Now yes most of these ideas are already being worked on, or in process of being fixed so be ready for them.

Go ahead and leave other ideas below, and discuss it between each other. I want people to give each other ideas and help out with things. So post your comments, concerns, etc below and let other's hear your ideas.

A Better Flak Cannon: This idea was brought up after the recent Turret System for the Engineer pack. The idea was to make the Flak Cannon much more capable of taking down High Velocity Targets, as well as the ability to Completely avoid our Astra Pilots in the air, Meaning, the Flak won't hurt anyone except the enemies in the sky while Astra is free to fly around without being in danger of Flak Cannons taking them out.

1) Is there something wrong with the turret one? There were no issues in testing, and no one has told me of anything... So if there is a problem the first step is to let me know so I can fix it, not just say that we need a new one. If you are talking about a man portable one. Then I guess, but don't think it will be a fast fire rate.

2) Completely Avoid Our Astra: Aside from being very script intensive, and it would basically ruin the effectiveness because by the time the script would determine, such a fast target would have left the kill area, it would also be illegal in many sims as explosives cannot be selective in their target.

Well, I'm just throwing some random ideas out mainly about the packs you can unlock with your points (assault,communication, and engineer). My idea is to basically expand this concept by bringing in more different types of packs, such as a Saboteur pack which would have anti armor equipment, and among other things.

Saboteur pack (example)

such as napalm grenade which will burn and eat away at armor units for 15 seconds (do to most stable military only allow napalm to burn for 15 seconds) and will eat about 5-15 hp per second.

Nail Grenade (shrapnel) will be tossed like a nade but on explosion will send tiny shrapnel in a 360 degrees at a 10m radius. mainly to clear people out of a medic zone.

and just an idea! a anti armor/infantry RC (before anyone ask i had this idea for along time before black ops came out)which will have 5-10 hp, just simply drive it to a armor tank and explode it making it do 25-50 hp damage with a 6-8M radius, will also be good to use on them pesky hard to clear medic zones, but will have a huge cool down time.

Recon Pack (example)

Able to set up a light snipers nest with 25-50 hp, mainly allowing the user to sit inside the nest and able to shoot with out being unharmed. perfect for people using semi, or bolt action rifles.

scope-able to call targets for com pack users to possibly hit.

Machete-Simple enough, a bigger combat knife, slightly more range

Rambo Pack (example)

Throwing knifes! 3 throw-able knifes at your disposal before having to restock again(reloading)

Machete/throw-able 1 throw then restocks (reloads)

IED (det-pack with three options)Napalm,Shrapnel,Explosive

Weapon Ideas:

Heavy.Anti.Tank.Explosive.Rounds (H.A.T.E.R) Heavy Sniper Rifle: It has the option of hip-fire where it can only fire 1 round per clip, or if deployed on a mounted bi-pod clip extends to 6 with a 1.5 second delay instead of a 3-6 reload time. Will do 25-50 (or more) damage to armored units and has a explosive radius of 5m, anti infantry as well. large weapon :O

With regards to your comments on objectives and a "weak defense line", the point of the objectives is that there IS no defense line. Winning in the current build of Titan is supposed to be about taking the objectives, not fighting defenders back to your spawns. Attackers aren't supposed to be just trying to push back a defense line back to the spawn.

There are not supposed to be static "lines" of defense; the current sim was not designed with this type of combat in mind, and they are boring.

With regards to color, I have photoshop again and will likely be able to put out some propaganda posters and banners and the likes over the next month, so there's that much.

OKAY HERE WE GO WALL O' TEXT TIME

Kithsuneca:

Mechs: Larger-than-human-sized mechs are a no-go presently, for various reasons. "Shoot them in the invisible crotch" is one.

A human sized one (basically a battlesuit) is something I think Disembodied is working on? Whether it'll have armour or not I'm not sure. As soon as you make something a vehicle the handling goes to crap. Unfortunately there's not presently any way to utilize armour without having to have someone sit on a phantom prim and making them a vehicle. That's just life.

Sniper Rifles: Suck in Second Life, just like how pistols do. They're e-peen weapons. You could make them shoot bigger bullets but TBH that's throwing a crappy patch on top of a crappy weapon. It's just life when everyone dies in one hit.

Jeep: We have an APC. Unfortunately (again) you (still) can't do armor systems with actual, normal SL vehicles. You have to use the stupid "sit base + shell" system, which makes these kind of quick-rez-and-sit vehicles very difficult. It sucks, sorry, tech limitations, deal with it.

Quads: Same thing.

Bikes: Either they have 1 HP (in which case they're a giant movement enhancer, basically) or they take enough time to set up they're not worth it.

Siege Tank: Long-range artillery isn't really feasible in a city build. Indirect fire really isn't either, TBH. Just because of the weird angles stuff would have to land with.

*rummage rummage skip forward*

Objectives: They aren't done. But yes, they are supposed to be a "win condition" because having the "win condition" be "pin the other team in their base and blackscreen them" is shit.

*rummage, end of post*

Cassandra:

Napalm Grenade: All anti-armour systems are already damage/time due to how they work. No systems exist used by anyone that allow for instantaneous chunks of damage to be applied. Mostly because they'd be abused.

Nail Grenade: This is no different than any other explosion unless you want to not kill people through walls, which TBH makes it less-effective than any other explosive we already have.

Recon Pack: This is an immobile tank, basically. We sort-of have this with the deployable turret already. "Yes," you say, "but we want it for snipers." Well it's still a turret, even if you have only a sniper rifle. You still take piles of shots to kill.

Scope: Already have a target designator for the...Thanatos thingy I forget what it's called. The Communications Pack also has a fire-at-camera function with a Predator missile.

Machete: I'm still looking for more melee weapons, I wouldn't care.

Throwing Knives: It's like a gun, but shittier.

IED: We have several kinds of detpack already.

Sniper Rifle with anti-armour: I think someone's already getting one of these. Or wanted to get one of these. I lose track because of people like Zrazor who change their minds all the fucking time.

Yes, I break hearts. That's what I'm paid to do. :love:

My only comment on the objectives thing is that... for other sims that is a viable tactic because of the numbers. It's always even.

Even when we had 5 TAC groups hitting us at once, they could not muster the manpower to equal our numbers, and we still had others off-sim that we could've pulled in to assist the defense. It was frankly an impossible objective, which is why in the new build the objectives are spread throughout the middle ground, and our defense 'line' is essentially all over the sim. It gives the smaller groups (read; everyone else) that would otherwise not stand a chance an opportunity to make some headway into the sim.

The armor-damage sniper rifle is something I was considering for the Adjudicator replacement, due to the fact the current Adjudicator is... essentially an anti-infantry rifle and isn't particularly good at it.

As for indirect fire / siege-tank / howitzers, I could see them viable if they were scripted in a manner similar to our communications pack, but that's where the issue of balance comes in - you'd be able to strike down literally anywhere outdoors and obliterate a position at will. It'd have to have several checks and balances within it to make it fair to use. Unfortunately that's something we have to consider heavily, whereas other groups may not be so careful in designing their gear.

I will reply to this thread on each and every point. My post may get ignored because it maybe TLDR. But hey im going to do it anyways. Im sorry if I seem rude/mean in this post. When I say "you" its a generality use. not pointing at any one person.

1. We actualy had a few mechs... They were scraped because of armor systems and the fact they were geting people banned from sims. also you shoot the crotch you die.

The problems with mechs is this.. You can't really put a armor sytem on them like you can a tank/apc/truck. As they rely on avatar movement. The mess with the hitbox (one reason you get banned). They have alot of firepower wich means limited use. Sims will probably not allow them (again limited use) you will have to have a seperate class just to learn how and in what situations you can use it. scripts because lets face it things like this are naturaly script heavy. again the hitbox and the fact you may need to relog to fix your avatar.

Weapons.

The mechs weapon system on paper sounds good but in practice does not work out that well...

Sniper mech is just impractical. and will just be a waste of a mech... (we can't have bullets over a sertain size most sims wont allow it and any form of tracking will get you banned)

Shotgun mech. A

gain probably would not be allowed because "omg mech shooting a shotgun" and probably can't use it much in the first place other than Titan and really thats a waste of space.

Rocket mech. Why not put a cannon on it and there you have a AT weapon that can shoot faster than we can allow a rocket.

Brawler... if you mean shotrange melle capable tank.. probably get banned.

MG mech ... most practical mech idea but still basics of a mech will probably get you banned from the sim or its use banned from a sim. because your hitbox gets messed up and aarmor system is hard to place on a mech. can't just use them like a tank probably fall over or somthing.

rest of mech ideas follows on the same as above... Good ideas but probably not practical. and very very limited use. OUr tanks can do most of this work as is and would be allowed in more places than a mech.

Weapons.

Ordo is a futuristic military based on Romans... MOdern gear is pushing it. But still works for our look.

No remeber in most combat situations you are shooting from across a sim at a velocity of around 200-250 MPS (meters per second) FOr a sniper rifle to work really well you have to have it semi auto. and also bullets can't be over a sertain size because it will get you banned (we allread have experience with that issue and we did get members banned)

Teaching on how to shoot... Thats why we have the range and the hawkeye medal system. You have to shoot the targets in semi auto mode to hit them. to much spam and you are not going to get a good score. (should be tought this in Armatura.

SL combat does not lend very well to sniper combat... moves faily fast and the physics+bullet sizes+bullet speed+lag=lots of missing and thats not very effective. and well yeah sniper combat is not very effective. Also don't forget in most sims they will look down on bullet sizes being to big and will bann or blanket ban us.

Vehicles.

We really dont need to saturate oursewlfs with gear like this in most casses it will never get used.

Bikes... we had one it was a jetbike forgot why we stoped using it but it was viewd as stepping on astras toes. (could have been astras alternative thing so they can keep to the sky while not using a plane) but a normal everyday bike no...

Jeeps ok this is just a good way of getting your team killed as it just screams shoot me 5 points.

Think of it like in most games were you have a jeep.. How many people use it for its entinded use? not many. and its normaly one person getting in even if it has a gun. (I know sl does not a game make like that but still how many times do you think this will get used?)

Seige tanks.... We have a mortar system and even compack and The engeiner packs also a APC and tanks that can easily fill this roll.

Better flak cannon... If astra is in the air you have no reason to be shooting in the air at all... From what I have seen the ones for the tanks and the turret is fine... I see them taking out aircraft alot... (mostly ours. Why are you using them when asrta is up?)

155 SPH (if it made it somehow.. it would end up antesig in most cases because they can train people in how it use it more effiently than say a 1 hour course because thats all they really train with is tanks. Also a tank cresting a hill can do this jump in most cases. as in few uses.

Baneblade... We allready had one like this... to big. sees to little use.

Power armor. Allready getting that

Chainswords... We had these I liked them but had horrid scripting... I can see this... but does it fit our current theme? and do we really need 15 differnt kinds of melee weapons? im counting a guns melee in this too.

K98k... Well how effective will this be in combat? yes it would be nice I really love these weapons but How ofeten will we fight someone and have this thing effective?

M1 garand.. That one M4 sniper we have fills this role nicely...

Futuristic Style weapons Armor, and Vehicles... Dont we have these?

Newer Laser (Las) Weapons... I will agree nicer ones would be nice...

Astra...

They can slog it down on the ground with us... nothings stoping them... infact why are there no astra around when we ask for help? ( I have seen to many time astra not being around or being afk (somtimes pretending I can see that mouselook moving or other tell tail signs of avatar activity Head eyes etc)and im busy is not an excuse you are on sim you help. You are asked in the group you help if you are not doing anything. ( yes I have seen this since rejoining)

Now about the dropship and Astra. How often is astra around giving voice to want to raid? Ok How about training? Because there are things we can train with to help people get used to jumping out of a dropship.. Infact im working on some dropship training right now... My point is I don't see it happening... MOre on this later

Alpha squads...

Alpha squads are a privlage to be in and you have to be on raids at least twice a week to stay in. You can't do that then you get removed so to make room for someone who can. The gear is a perk same with the uniforms. If you get removed from the squad then from my understanding you lose the gear and or uniform.

Also you go on raids with a alpha squad (or even all 3) on any given raid. You see us in ation all the time in sim defense and raids all the time. Using our gear most if not all the time...

And the special kids club mentality... Most squads have a list of people they would like to see in the squad. If you have a problem or they see somthing they really don't like (curia reports and not following orders are bad things to have) then you will not get in a squad. Also most of you speak to us all the time. The squads always have at least one meber active at any given time. All you have to do is ask them questions observe what they do during training/raids/defese. Take a interest. If you are not active enough for a squad then its just not for you at that time. More activity the better your chances. More visible to the squads then your chances improve. as for choosing its their choice... mostly a squad leader keeps a eye out for somone they think will work good in the squad and get along with the members. Its not really about your combat prowess or activity its really how they think you will work with the squad. your personality. Your career etc etc.

Tactica...

I don't know much about them Ill leave this for Corsi to answer or some tactia member. But tactica raids? They gather info they are not a alpha squad They don't lead Tactica only raidsraids. But they gather info and are thanked and reconcized through a merit and in meetings etc.

Astra.... Yeah you can be more involved mix with terra alittle. You have a gun use it. You can even mix terra/astra training. set up missions for taining and what not.

Objectives...

Would this system work for randoms that attack or organized enemy? They use differnt scripts than us and may not even atempt to use anything we offer them.

Ordo Concerns.... ( Oooooooooh... I could hit on this subject all day so much I see going on that makes me not very happy and wish I could do somthing about)

If you have not figured out when is a good time to goof off and be serious then you are in a bad situation... Theres also being serious while being relaxed and then theres to serious and can be harmfull.

First of all you go up to the range/killhouse/whatever and you see people hanging with their ordo friends and goofing around. nothing happening and they are having a good time relaxing while nothing is happening. What do you do? Do you join in? leave them to their fun? or do you just end it right then and there not really knowing if they are trying out their weapons or what have you. Your choice. But when its time to defend and you are in coms not defending then I will file a report on you for not defending and just goofing off. (im at that point right now) You are on sim and at your computer you defend. NOw every once in a while random things in coms (epscialy when its a single attacker) is ok but when its a few people then it needs to quieten down and on full on raids it needs to stop... Also when you log into the sim do not start passing ordoers around that go against what the OIC tells you. Do what the OIC tells you. If you are not the OIC then you can request help at positions but dont start moving defense around countering what OIC is doing. (I have had this happen alot and get pretty... upset... when people just randomly counter my orders I may be E-3 but thats still not a excuse to ignore a person who is OIC/NCOIC. Also dick moves during training... If you are not allowed to do it in combat then what makes it ok during training? You complain about no Raids. but Aryte has to log in and tell people to lead raids. Why? Also the excuse of "Im busy" and you are speaking to people in idle chit chat.. just... wow... ok back on topic... I ranted... GOing AFK used to be ok and Aryte encouraged it... Also lets people who are kinda afk repond quickly without having to rez the sim again. But if you plane on being away for some time then yes leave I guess. BUt as my rant stared people countering OIC does not help at all. let the OIC/NCOIC/SOG give order you follow them.

Inactivity Warning System

Auto kick? No... If it kicks them they have no other home other than Titan so.... I can see problems with this some of this but also good things from it too... if it operates off of the database then its good because it can keep a tlly of how often said person goes away during defense. Could Also cause lag on the sim or database.. duno though.

Defense Line Seems Weak

There is no real line so... Whats the problem? It was ment to be more fluid and give attackers a fair chance and cause us to adapt and think more instead of get on a wall and shoot... You have to use your head think ahead and flank among other things... and the scambling thing can be avoided if the OIC is giving orders on defense and he does not have someone countering his/her order (im looking at sertain people when I say this) do not counter the OIC's orders he should allready have said what he wants in the defense. Like I want 3 on each point center NE SW then there should be at least 3 opn each and you should not be giving orders while he is.

Sim Build Ideas

We have anew sim build... Its not even done yet they allready have a plan for this. Nikki can only do so much.

Checkpoints

We kinda have these its us and those sheilds in the doors and those spikes that come u from the ground. WE all don't need to be swarming around the redzone like ants we need to start giving attackers room to breathe the red zone is allready small enough we need to take a few steps back from it.

New Entrances/Exits

Isn't this allready in the works?

Sniper Perches.

We have a few towers/ledges we can use for this.

Cover

Bars and engineer packs alot of you have them in some cases all... may want to use them more. Also you got giant buildings to use. but we can add somthing like dumpsters etc to add more static cover that attackers can use too...

Color

We have to stay under a prim limit to allow full on raids to get done and allow the sim to be finished... we can add some of this later... to much and well we can't have very good combat because of rezing time etc.

I know most of what i said was negative... But I did agree or partially agree on some things... And alot of this will over saturate our gear and overlap. I am sorry if some of this sounded rude/mean.

Edited by Hunter Abrams

The only point I actually agree with in the OP is the bit about colour. The sim could use some cosmetics. Everything else I could have said has already been said by Hunter and Anlysia.

Also, keep in mind that Munitorum has very few actually capable members, and while I don't mean to insult other members of the team, we have to keep to a standard. We already have a backlog extending for months, if not years. If you really, really want to see something get made, don't fling more ideas on us, the best thing you could do is make it yourself. While many of us are busy people, we don't mind giving some pointers to people willing to learn.

Anly summed up my opinion on gear.

Objective Concerns: We're already working on a new objective system, the benefit of holding objectives will likely be a permanent medic point for the side it is captured for.

Defense Line Seems Weak!: Learn and adapt to the new environemnt, we've had some amazing defenses and held back lots of enemy troops with the correct tactics. The attackers do -not- have an advantage, they simply have cover now, unlike the previous build. I have added cover around the objectives so Ordo troops don't get annihilated by spray and pray.

You're right about inactivity though, something needs to be done about that, though I don't think kicking people off to an afk area will achieve anything other than allowing people to further ignore calls to defense. On the note of afk/idling people, we shouldn't do this in the armory spawn point or by the doors. I've been blocked countless times by a mass of people hanging around the door near the armory.

Sniper Perches: Again, learn and adapt to the environment. Part of your job as a sniper is finding perches to snipe from. They are there; find them? I'm not going to build a bunker or something in the middle of a city. To quote my previous reply in another thread:

"I left a few towers available for snipers, and theres a giant walk way on the base. I really don't see what else I can add. There are lots of little places around the city you can use as a vantage point, it's just a case of finding them, for example; edges of buildings. Not all buildings are completely verticle with a kill prim on top. The center objective building has a series of ledges that are perfect for sniping from. The roof of the Vesperia Lounge has good line of sight right through the center."

New Entrances/Exits: Already working on these.

Cover: I added a load of concrete barricades/crates/barrels/trees/containers around the place. This is a city, not a fortress. The whole idea of city combat in my mind is to create more flow in combat, rather than just sitting on your ass in a bunker shooting in one direction. I am planning on fortifying the main base with energy shields, however. :]

Color: I would like to see more color too and I will definitely keep it in mind for future additions. I can only add trees and plants to a point. I intend on creating fancy advertisements/news screens to give the place more feel to it. I also wanted to create benches etc. eventually, but I haven't really prioritized that very high. I still have a lot to do.

Finally i'd just like to touch on what Mark said about Munitorum. Some people might not realize this but Munitorum is completely volunteer based and people do extensive amounts of work in their own time, just so you can have a new rifle, a new sim or a new bomb. If the same amount of effort was put in to learning the skills required create these things, rather than ideas generation, a lot more would get done. Just food for thought.

For the supports of Covered over with soil towards Astra, I propose the creation of vehicle anti air kraft

/>http://www.armyrecognition.com/netherlands_dutch_army_vehicle_weapon_artillery_fr/cheetah_prtl_air_defense_anti-aircraft_tracked_armoured_vehicle_dutch_army_netherlands_description.html

Also use of missiles ground portable air (Stingers/Strela) Or of missile Mistral (http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mistral/mistral2.html)

For the TEAM sniper, creation D” an anti rifle material heavy
/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXLRYf9EV2Y

(P.S: To warn me for the creation of the TEAM snipeurs, I am interested

For rolling stock, to equip them with smoke producer for camouflaged

For the Jeep, some proposals in http://www.armyrecognition.com/News/2006/January/Actualites_militaires_janvier_2006_FR.htm images

He also defrauded thought of recruitment. It is well-known that one does not attract flies with vinegar. Also it would be good to create a space, on Titan, where it could have a “life civilian”. Such as a building including a dance hall, a swimming pool, stores, etc Below this building, creation of a bunker “any comfort” for the civilians to put itself at the shelter in the event of attack (To put an electro barrier which prevents all people other than those of the ordo, of entered there

The goal of this there: Attracted nonplayers in our universe and shown them that the military sim, is not only to make “side side” against of other; but shown that there is also a true life, a true community behind our armies

Moreover civilians will be more inclined to defend their “universe” on Titan; and will thus be more receptive to engage in “defense civilian”, to see even with the centres of the army to defend Titan

It also good of would be thought of the creation of a unit “civilian business” to make known the ordo imperialis with the civilians of SL (Operation “heart and spirit) http://www.usacapoc.army.mil/

in regards to the comment of astra needing to be more involved on ground. do you know who is astra and who is not? i see terra/astra ground integration almost daily. We're almost the same, We just use aircraft instead of armored ground vehicles. We're integrated on the ground as it is.

As far as dropships, It is to my understanding we are developing a new one, but even then we still have a battlebus on standby, We just need an OIC order to use it.

Keep in mind we are trying hard to revamp the division to better suit Ordo and boost activity as we go.

I appreciate the time to write out the suggestions and comments that were written above. I realize many have already discussed them and given reasons why we don't do certain things. I only wish to add a few comments.

When Astra is in the air, keep the flak turned from the skies. I have been hit by friendly flak when I'm engaging hostile targets. There's no reason for it, folks.

As Trinity reminded me during this discussion before the meeting, I thought Ordo was opposed to selective damage munitions. This would also exclude a revised flak from avoiding killing friendlies. All our Astra weapons hurt friend and foe alike, which requires the user to hone their skills to incredible accuracy when deployed on the battlefield.

Those of you working on classes and instruction for the new or old drop ship - please be sure to direct your ideas to Trinity Heckroth. While I appreciate you guys taking the initiative about that, ultimately the ones holding all the drop ships in Ordo will be Astra personnel. I know we distributed it to Invictus in the past, but in order to encourage people to actually join our division, the drop ship will be Astra only. This means that, while you guys may be coming up with a ground-based focus for drop ship training, ultimately you will need Astra personnel to do it and Astra personnel must also be trained on the same material. This will mean it will fall under Palaestra for Astra's side of it, and whatever focused training you guys want on the Terra side. It would be best to coordinate that with Trinity as she is in control and in charge of all our educational aspects of Astra.

As far as Astra in the field, I understand concerns here about activity and participation. If you have complaints about individual Astra pilots, direct them to me and I will deal with it. I try to put my boots on the ground as much as possible, and Astra personnel are more than aware of their role in ground activities. We bemoan it quite often since we would rather be deploying aircraft since we love to fly.

As a reminder to all defense commanders, do not be afraid to deploy air assets. I have seen hesitation with the new build on numerous occasions to deploy air assets. Air assets are there to help, folks. We have Thanatos certified pilots who can quickly navigate across the battlefield to cover terrain against multiple oncoming hostile tanks. If you have one tank deployed to one side of the field, use Astra to cover the other part. Also with the new objectives, as they have been described earlier in this thread, you will need to consider deploying drop ships to transport people rather than using direct teleports. Start getting used to it.

Also keep in mind the thread that Kastrenzo made about tactics on Titan with the new build. When there's no combat on Titan, each of you should be organizing your own fire teams and coordinating each other through ventrilo and coms for both practice and defense detail. This is your responsibility, being afk on base is not.

Oh, and one note about ejecting people out of the sim when they are afk. Most people who AFK on Titan are in their uniform. If you start kicking them off the sim, it will unfortunately send them to a different, random public area. This will expose our equipment and uniforms to copy bots and would also be a violation of handbook protocol. I have thought that it would be a good idea in the past, but a cooler mind prevails in that regard. We simply have to encourage people to not spend their time idling in the sim and instead spend it actively engaged in activities.

I must say I really like seeing everyone participating with this and giving their own ideas, concerns, etc. I know everyone's going to have their own ideas, or are against ideas that were given but it's good to see people showing what they agree with or disagree with. That's what helps us grow.

I've read through everyone's comments/concerns so far and I can agree with some of the things being said. Like I said before, this forum is for people to give their ideas and concerns out to the ideas that were given. I hope to see more people participate in this and give their comments and concerns. :]

I have tested and used an early prototype armor system for a larger than human sized mech. It is feasible, but requires that certain design parameters are met. We would not be able to go into an R&D project hurly-burly and think we could throw it together. It would take resources in terms of time and effort and lots of playing around with little details. The current Munitorum standards do not promote these things, given that we have priority projects that are based on reliable and tried-and-true methods of production.

Essentially, we -could- produce mechs, but the end result would not be what you proposed and would take more time than right now would be permissible given other, more important projects. I would love to have mechs, too, but as it stands, anything larger than human with armor is A. too impractical without refinement B. too radical to be adopted as allowable by most enemies we'd most like to use them against.

In short, Anly is evil.

I am perplexed by the Alpha Squad comment. Hunter is right. You guys get to see us in action all the time in sim defense. We had 117 sim defenses last week, according to the meeting notes. You're more than welcome to go on raids with us, too. I haven't lead an Insidiae only raid since I took the squad over in November. And if you think the Alpha Squads are unapproachable, you're highly mistaken! We're members of the Ordo Imperialis just like you. Don't be afraid to come talk to us, or to any officer for that matter. I have so many open slots in Insidiae right now, it's not even funny. And it's mainly because I'm not going to recruit someone who is too shy to come talk to me in text. I'm a nice guy. Really! <3 Eriksson and Teron are nice guys, too. Any of you can talk and hang out with us or our squad.

However, it's not your right to join an Alpha Squad. "See which one we'd like to join." Well, the truth is, not everyone in Cohors B will get into an A squad. Aryte and the Squad Leaders hold the last word in who gets in or not. You don't get to choose, so get that out of your head immediately. The only time you'd get to choose, I believe, is if two or more squads were offering you membership.

I love everybody in Ordo, but I'm here to tell you, Alpha Squad membership is an honor earned.

Stuff about alpha squads. (I don't like quoting large amounts of text, besides its the post above mine.)

To be honest I find alpha squad membership becoming less and less of an honor, but perhaps thats just me. No offense intended to anyone.

As for Tactica I think its that some of the threads only have ~12 views, and the highest viewed ones have like ~40. Thats not much when you count how much time some people put into their reports, and how many of those views are the same people viewing it multiple times.

To be honest I find alpha squad membership becoming less and less of an honor, but perhaps thats just me. No offense intended to anyone.

As for Tactica I think its that some of the threads only have ~12 views, and the highest viewed ones have like ~40. Thats not much when you count how much time some people put into their reports, and how many of those views are the same people viewing it multiple times.

Firstly, why's that? What is making it become less of an honor?

Secondly, Tactica also has their reports in folders on the Tactica board. More people often like the convenience in clicking the folders on the Tactica board, than looking for them on the forums. They gain the report providing it's done, ruleset, and a landmark to the destination.

Being in the Apostles for as long as I have been makes me feel Very honored. Only way I could imagine it feeling less honorable is if they started accepting with standards that continue to decline overtime

Its not really worth talking about, but I wasn't referring to honor of my own squad.

Really its just a matter of 40% (30/78) of our active member-base being in alpha squads. Usually you'd think elite would mean like top 10% or better compiled into one section. But thats just one of the issues.

Plus Apostles has its own issues regarding activity, at least in my opinion. (5 people in the whole squad, one alpha squad for all of Astra, and low raid participation.)

Just going to comment on some specific ideas. here :O

-------Kith-------

A few more things I feel I should add Kith...

Mechs:

Ok, the mechs we had were way too tall. Massive massive tactical advantages. Even when the Venerator was just re-done for Operation FluffyKittens, it was bad having your eyes that far up. You are worse off, as you cannot see where your feet are, and your Hitbox is in the same place, so your avatar gets blocked by stuff that would normally block an avatar. You lose all ability to hide/move undetected and just become a magnet for all attention. Because of how Armor systems work, its not really such a great Idea to armor a mech.. Besides, then you lose all the abilities you keep by having it avatar based (don't have to worry about physlock as much, jump, fit through smaller stuff, no need to worry about fences/ledges, no need to worry about auto return. etc)

Sniper Rifles

We have the Mk.11, which, while it needs an update, is fine. We can just train with semi auto. I do like the logic behind this though, however no need for a designated bolt action for it.

Light jeep/Quads

APC is pretty damn fast, and that is about as fast as you can deploy an armored vehicle because of the sit-prim & follower system they use.

Siege Tank

We had two of them. The Veritas, which had indirect fire like our comms pack (it is what the comms back was based on actually) as well as 6 rockets and an HMG. It got scrapped for the faster, better looking Mangusta.

The Aequitas: Basically a baneblade. Fairly slow, 500HP, Massive size makes it pretty much impossible in this new sim build. And the radius of the main cannon was pretty stupid too.

The Aequitas saw two combat deployments. One Unofficial at CS. One Official at CATI. The CATI one it got auto-returned. The CS one.. well they flipped shit and it took them several minutes to take it down, for which they eventually called out AD to do...

AA Weapon

Again, see my first post.

Alpha Squads

Yeah, some of them could use some work.. I can see Acheron's direction, but I am not touching that topic.

Defense Line

Urban Build That's the point. There shouldn't be one.

Sniper Positions

They are there already.

-------Cassandra-------

Napalm Grenade

We started on that awhile ago.. I made the sounds for it, but then nothing happened with it. Interesting idea for Area of Denial.

Nail Grenade

So its basically an old style frag grenade. It cant really do things that a regular frag cant do.

RemoteControl Car

We had one of those ages ago.

You had to keep LoS to it because your camera didn't follow it. Otherwise it is an interesting idea.

However, i predict people would be going too far and using it for more than just "clearing out heavy medic points".

Also, if they have found a spot for cover, then they found cover. They have to advance at some point, we don't have to use tech to kill them. Then we might as well not have cover.

However, the idea itself is doable and interesting. Just not sure if it's theoretical place would stick.

Recon Pack

That's what the Engi pack does, but it does more too. c.c

Machete

Our combat knife, which is soon to be replaced anyways, is already a grossly huge 4m. Not only do our own rules not allow anything bigger, but a 4m knife.. >.>;

Anti-Armor sniper rifle

Anything man-portable with anti-armor capabilities that can be fired more than once per 5 seconds is what will ruin armor all together.

Frankly nothing man-portable but rockets should have anti-armor at all really. (And I mean you 35AT damage 40mm Grenades you dumb garbage >:O)

P.S: I corrected this wording for you...

Heavy.Anti.Tank.Explosive.Rounds (H.A.T.E.R) Heavy Sniper Rifle: It has the option of hip-fire where it can only fire 1 round per magazine, or if deployed on a mounted bi-pod magazine extends to 6 with a 1.5 second delay instead of a 3-6 reload time. Will do 25-50 (or more) damage to armored units and has a explosive radius of 5m, anti infantry as well. large weapon :O

Technically it would be a single shot weapon for the first mode and a magazine fed weapon for the second.. but...

-------Pat-------

Stinger

A good idea, but in general "guided" weapons that actively track their targets are heavily frowned upon. Ordo had one in the past, and we got rid of it.

Even the AA- tank i was working on was planned to have one, but I kinda scratched them for this reason.